Expense reports are designed to make it easier to enter expenses incurred by the reporting person in cash (or with a personal bank card) for the benefit of the company.
Expence documents paid from the corporate cash register can also be entered here, but they must be included in a separate report so that the actual use of the company’s own funds can be monitored.
Expense documents paid with the corporate bank card should still be entered under purchase invoices, as their payments need to be linked to bank transfers on time.
The reporting person does not have to be in the program’s register of the employees (e.g., a board member makes purchases for his or her own money but does not receive remuneration from the company or is not included in the employee register). The data of the reporting person will be added to the register of partners.
It should be agreed within the company how often expense reports are submitted, care must be taken to ensure that the documents reach the costs for the correct period (once a week, once a month).
Click the New Expense Report button to add a new expense report.Expense report details
- Reporting person – add a new person or search for the name of the reporting person in the list. To add a new reporting person, you only need to indicate the name, other information is not mandatory. You can later top up the reporting card with the bank account information.
- Expense report no. – reports are numbered according to a number formula that you can configure in Settings -> Environment Settings -> Expense Report Number Formula in Settings.
- Report period – by default, the current month + year is filled in with information, you can overwrite it with suitable data.
- Report Date – by default, the date the report was entered, but you can select the appropriate date.
- Currency – if the expense documents are in a currency other than the euro, you can change the currency used in the report here and there is no need to convert the documents into euros in advance. NB! Applies to the entire report, prepare separate reports for documents in euros and other currencies. The required currency must be activated in advance.
- Supplier – select an existing supplier or add a new one. If an expense account and VAT type have been assigned to an existing supplier, they will be added to the line when selecting the supplier.
- Document no. – purchase invoice number.
- Date – the date of the purchase invoice.
- Account – select the appropriate expense account for the line item.
- Contents – by default, the name of the expense account is shown here, you can overwrite it if you wish.
- SUM – the amount of the line item without VAT.
- VAT – select the appropriate type of VAT, the default is 20% Estonia.
- Trash bin – to delete the expense document.
- Magnifier – to check the total amount of the expense document and the amount of VAT and to add rounding if necessary.
- Paper clip – here you can attach the expense document file. If a document is attached to the line, a green bubble appears next to the clip.
- Plus sign (+) – to add a line to the expense document. Necessary if one expense document has different expense types or expense lines with different types of VAT.
To add a new expense document, click the line + Add new expense document
The rows of the report show the amount without VAT, the total amount of VAT and the total amount of the expense report.
Once the existing documents have been entered, save the report by clicking the
Save Expense Report button.
The expense report can be also entered in the amounts accounted together with VAT. To do that, change the Amount with VAT option: No -> Yes. This option applies to the entire report, not the line item.Menu operations
The operations in the menu contain options for editing the expense report, marking as paid, archiving in pdf. format and deleting. There is also the possibility to change the financial entry, but as usual, we recommend that you change the document and not just limit yourself to changing the entry. Once the expense report has been marked as paid, you must unlink the payment, make the necessary changes, and then link it to the same payment again.
To enter a prepayment for the reporting person, go to Operations -> Payments -> New Payment, select the name of the reporting person and set the amount and date. You can write, for example, “prepayment” in the additional information box. Save the payment.
When you mark the expense report as paid, you can immediately link it to a prepayment. If the prepayment amount doesn’t cover the expense report amount, you can add another payment.
If you have any further questions, please contact the customer support at:firstname.lastname@example.org